Power Patch, RM2k9U i inne (by Cherry)

Wydarzenia, komentarze, pomysły... Wszelkie dyskusje związane z RM.

Moderatorzy: GameBoy, Dragon Kamillo

ODPOWIEDZ
Awatar użytkownika
Cherry1
Kontakt:

Re: Power Patch, RM2k9U i inne (by Cherry)

Post autor: Cherry1 »

Both things will be possible with CGSS later, I don't have enough time to create special patches for this.

For the first one you could use variables as workaround.
Cherry = CherryDT | http://www.cherrytree.at
Awatar użytkownika
X-Tech

Golden Forki 2009 - Pełne Wersje (miejsce 3)

Post autor: X-Tech »

Yup you got absolutley right but i get on it when i create 600 switches of conditions XD

Next think about hero stats. It's just make short all operations realted with geting state of each selected hero each hero have 14 stats and if someone want 50-1000 heroes must create tables of each stat it's mean for 100 heroes it will be 1400 operations.
Awatar użytkownika
Gamer2002

Golden Forki 2009 - Dema (miejsce 3)

Post autor: Gamer2002 »

Bug raport

RMEF can’t read which event is moved by Move Event command, it always shows that event ID is #0. It does work when command is used to move Hero or This Event, but not with map events.
Obrazek
Klikasz przycisk 'cytuj' przy złym poście. Prawidłowy jest POD postem, nie nad nim!
Rada roku: Jak cytować by nie brało złych nazw nicków na forum.
Awatar użytkownika
Cherry1
Kontakt:

Awatar użytkownika
Rave

Golden Forki 2010 - Dema (miejsce 2)

Post autor: Rave »

Cherry, what is status of OpenSuSE compatibility of rm2k9?
Awatar użytkownika
X-Tech

I have new idea about rm patch.

Rm pictures have really bad limitations in draw holes on pictures in real time. I mean if we use one picture we can't draw in real time holes in this one by one colour of other picture. If we could to draw holes on one picture by other picture with one color of second pictue we could to simply make a realtime light sources on the screen and many other things ! Simply best to create really creepy lights in horrror games and in dungeons in rpgs. Lights in present rm games mostly suck totally cause are acting like some spunk on the screen not like a real ligths - the holes are real lights.
i'm genius lazy but got many ideas you can count on it. Dont have time to learn lua cause i'm making a horror game. Please. Help me and other horror rm creators i think this shoudn't be hard to make this. It's just holes. Look on my method.

Obrazek
Awatar użytkownika
Cherry1
Kontakt:

If you use RPG Maker 2000, you could use the Destiny Patch, because you can draw pixels (or erase them) in pictures on the screen at runtime.
Awatar użytkownika
Rave

Golden Forki 2010 - Dema (miejsce 2)

Post autor: Rave »

Cherry, could you port ExpandedChars patch and Destiny patch to rm2k3? Because from engine side only battle system and few other things that are independent from patch's functions differs. Also you may consider publishing RevPatch (probably others don't know what it is, by the way) and port these patches as plugins for it.
Awatar użytkownika
X-Tech

Sounds cool but i making my horror stuff on 2k3.
Awatar użytkownika
Cherry1
Kontakt:

Rave pisze:Cherry, could you port ExpandedChars patch and Destiny patch to rm2k3? Because from engine side only battle system and few other things that are independent from patch's functions differs. Also you may consider publishing RevPatch (probably others don't know what it is, by the way) and port these patches as plugins for it.
No, sorry, porting Destiny Patch would be Bananen-Joe's task, and for the CharExpand-Patch I don't have time.
Awatar użytkownika
X-Tech

I have an idea. Almost forgot about it ! [2K3 ALL]

In rm2k3 we can't check what is a state of field on the map. I mean state of second tileset level like items and decorations. So it's a big problem cause we can't randomly replace the things on the map like bonuses and monsters cause we don't really know thing our monster or item will not be dropped on the blocked field by a tri, or trash, or door. If some variable of rpgmaker will give us a information - that field is X, or O, or star we could then with no problemo replace monsters and bonuses randomly cause we can't then drop the monster or item at X field of second tileset level cause this script will tell us it's field with X. This variable could tell us no - dont drop there that item cause 1 is x 2 is 0 3 is star oh its 1. I can give you more solution. We need 2 other varibles in rpgmaker. These variables will be our map field X, Y and third variable will be state of that field - our information about BLOCKING. You know what i mean ? We can check what is ID of first tileset level by ID but we can't check state of second tileset level WICH could block our moving events too and for that could be that script for give us information what kind of field is selected - or X or O or Star.

To shy second level of tileset have no own id but i think is method on this too.

Lets look we have in rpgmaker tilesets list. Everyone tileset at that list have own number. huhu.
Look closer at tilesets second level. Every line in that tileset level is build from 6 fields.
6x24 it give 144 terrain ID's for second tileset level so we use two ELEMENTS, 144 are our array of ID's and second it's a array coordinate - one variable for each array. Of course these variables must been variables of lua or c++ To get information about checked field we need 3 rpgmaker variables too for X,Y on the map field coordinate, third for that field ID. Look if we see there is 144 fields of second tileset level on each one tileset so we can add+ 1000 for each tileset number so

for first tileset first field at second tileset level will be 1
for second tileset at second tileset level first field will be 1001
so for third tileset at second tileset level 23 field it will be 2023

so in rpgmaker always x,y give info what is coordinate of field. third variable will give us id of second level tileset. I'm genius ? XD :P

Last one:

In rpgmaker we can change whole tileset in game but we cant change concrete tile element at other. So we need to put all elements of tileset in array of nubmers and just select at wich one we want to change selcted by x and y variables - map coordinate. So for all 3 variables. Two for put map coordinate wich we want to change at tileset element wich is numered by third variable.
First it will change to 0 (nothing happens) or to actual tileset element number. When we put another number in that third variable this number will be elements of tileset wich number is selected by us and this field should read that tilest element. So if we put 14 and at X 7 at Y 10 in map field X7 Y10 we change this at tileset element wich number is 12.

Remember this should use 2 arrarys one for fisrst tileset level and second for second tileset level.
cause map is an art of first and second tileset level in the same time.

so for first tile set level 3 variables
and for scond tileset level other 3 variables

This for level destroids and spells with effects at the map.
Awatar użytkownika
Cherry1
Kontakt:

I'll see what I can do.
Awatar użytkownika
Foxer

Golden Forki 2008 - Dema (miejsce 2); TA Sprite Contest 3 (miejsce 3); Liga Mapperów Sezon II (miejsce 1); Liga Mapperów Sezon III (miejsce 2); TA Code-Off Edycja V (zwycięstwo)

Post autor: Foxer »

Hey Cherry, I have an idea. A lot of people make CMS in their games. Some of them make it with pictures. There's a problem - it's hard to make pause in game. Of course, we can stop all events and parallel processes, but it's laborious. When we display message or open default game menu, game stops. Can you make it possible during the game? For example, when variable XXX is 1, all map events stop and only common events work.
Awatar użytkownika
Cherry1
Kontakt:

Good idea. I'll add this in the Revolution Patch.
ODPOWIEDZ